View Single Post
Old 14-02-2019, 01:15 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
It is my understanding that there are several ways to release trapped emotions through different healing modalities and techniques. You could go to a reiki healer for example, who may facilitate a shift in your energy and may be drawn to focusing on a specific area of the body where there is physical pain as a result of a trapped emotion. There is another modality using kinesiology and asking a series of questions about the how's and whys of trapped emotions, then the emotions are released by running a magnet down your spine. I'm not educated on several other modalities and techniques such as acupuncture, yoga, massaging knots in the channels of your meridians or countless other ways....

...but my question is, if the trapped emotion surfaces as a memory of the event and you find yourself analyzing it and picking it apart yet you still can't uncover the root cause, how is it released? Through talk therapy? With that being said, are all of the other above methods effective if the emotion is never brought to your consciousness?

Hi Lucky,
I read your post w great interest. It’s a paradox, yes? Do you release an emotion through feeling or thinking?

Firstly, I am only offering you my suggestion as an exploration to your situation.

I like to determine if a person is a thinker or a feeler first. A thinker prefers to process experiences mentally (talkative therapy). A feeler processes through feeling (experiential or non-talkative therapy). However, one must develop both aspects of self IOT grow. Meaning, if I see that the person is a thinker, I would advise experiential/non-talkative therapy. If a person is a feeler, then talkative therapy.

It forces the person to process in a different way that they don’t prefer and there’s a better chance of getting them unstuck where they may be blocked subconsciously.

For example, a pathological liar (thinker) should not do talkative therapy, just as a pyromaniac (feeler) should not do experiential therapy.

I hope this helps. Best wishes!

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella