View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 07:48 PM
Wisa'ka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
It does raise alarms when governments don't preserve and protect natural woodlands. It could be an illustration that they care little for environmental issues.
Who are these ''poor'' people in the UK (and the West)..? Have you been to Africa or Asia? There you will see poverty.
For many Christians throughout history the forest has always been a place of superstition and 'pagan' worship. The so called nature-friendly religions in the east are quickly proving to be no different. If you check Google Earth you can see that Buddhist dominated countries such as Thailand are almost rainforest-free.

I dig. Forest felled for the cash of others who need wood, but have none left in their lands. I once talked to a Britain who railed against America and took her frustrations out on me because of the coal industry's blasting of Appalachian mountains apart for coal. She was quite put off to know that the British buy a lot of their coal by people in Poland who blast mountains apart as well.

I imagine the Japanese have saved some of their forests by purchasing wood from places like the Amazon or southeast Asia. Probably the same holds true with the U.S., still deforestation continues.