View Single Post
Old 27-05-2021, 12:24 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
i've posted in this thread before that the FAQ explicitly says something about having to have both 14 days and 25 posts before you get full privileges on the site... haven't figured out why noone reads the FAQ though....
I did read the FAQ but was still confused because the error message I got said 15 posts rather than 25. So it seems the quirk/bug is that the error message doesn't reflect the forum's actual policy. I was also missing a rank (should have been "Newbie"), so thought it was a deeper problem.

Quote:
as far as your title, I see you showing up as 'seeker' in the flow.alignment account. You look like an n/a in the new account you tried... which generally means the account was closed. But there is also a rule saying you can't have multiple logins so that may bear into it somehow, don't know. Maybe the site gets confused if you try multiple logins?

just hang on a bit and things may straighten themselves out
Yeah, the issue cleared itself up after I reached 25 posts on this account ("Seeker" rank appeared on post 25 or 26). After I saw that it resolved itself, I let Lynn know I'd be sticking with my old account and that the new one is fine to be deleted or deactivated (from the look of things, it was deleted).

If you try to create a second account with the same IP address, the registration fails in the activation phase. The new account was created with Lynn's help behind the scenes.

I'm just glad it resolved itself