View Single Post
Old 15-11-2022, 06:29 AM
Master

Oh and I couldn't agree more about the healing power of music.
Without a doubt music did once save me. It was 10 years ago and I had some kind of emotional breakdown. I was in so much traumatic shock that I could not function. I could not eat or sleep. It was as though my soul left my body and my shell was just a void. I could not feel my body but I could still hear. And as I used to be laid there on the bed at night all I could hear was music. Mostly a female angelic choir singing so gently the most beautiful songs. All night long. I am certain the music saved me from sinking deeper into a decline and I actually believe this music could possibly have been real angels looking after me.
As I got better , my "Go to " song was "Fix you" by Coldplay .
The "lights that were guiding me home" were my guides bringing me back to earth and to encourage me back to the land of the living. It took me many years to recover.
And then, as you rightly say, the whole world went into total shock with the events that started to happen in late 2019 and early 2020. Since then, and during all of that I was very poorly and I am still very poorly and I won't get better. So now , "Fix you" has another special meaning for me . It won't fix or cure me, but this time the lights will guide me home to heaven.
( Sorry , don't wish to be maudling !!!!!!!)....
But nothing touches my soul more than this one for so many different reasons.
And music "speaks" to us in a way that most people can't.