View Single Post
Old 19-02-2016, 03:18 PM
Pathfinder
When my brother started Lucid Dreaming, he'd always tell me his stories of sleep paralysis (as it would occur more often to him when he started to Lucid Dream). I was terrified that it would happen to me! It sounded like a nightmare!

Then about a month ago, I was lying on my back, and all of a sudden the room felt static and there was a ringing in my ears. I knew straight away what was happening because of all my brother's descriptions (thank goodness) so I was prepared. I couldn't move, and I started to panic, I closed my eyes because I didn't want to see the famous "gremlin". I tried to call out for my dog because I knew she was awake and I hoped she would come and wake me up or something. Then I heard little paw steps come into my room, but I still had my eyes shut, and I heard a loud growling (not my dog). So I tried to calm down, and I felt my body float out of my bed and go underneath it so that I could feel the top of my bed above me and the floor below me. The growling was still going, so I tried to imagine myself floating among the stars, then I was back in bed, still couldn't move but the growling had stopped. I opened my eyes quickly and my room was filled with ancient greek statues and floral patterns. It was so odd. Then all at once it stopped, and that was it. I wouldn't have called it a gift at the time but I guess now that I look back on it, it was kind of fun.