View Single Post
Old 19-02-2016, 02:59 PM
Suspended

I've only experienced sleep paralysis in the hypnopompic stage between sleep and wake. It was in the middle of the night and I opened my eyes I saw a shadow man standing/floating on the right side of my bed hovering over me. Initially I felt terrified because I thought someone had broken into the house until I realized I could see through this entity. Once I started looking at it and feeling it I didn't feel panicked. This shadow man felt as if it wasn't malevolent, but rather curious while looking at me. Then the shadow person dissipated and I was able to move and go right back to sleep.

Shortly after that experience I was talking to the previous owners of my home and they jokingly asked me if I had seen the "lake ghost" yet (my house sits on lakefront property). I was pretty startled by the random comment. What's really odd is the shadow person had facial features of a black man, and when I asked the former owners about what the lake ghost looked like they told me it was a black man who sometimes haunts the houses in the area. I haven't looked too deep into the history behind it to find sources if such a man died in this area, but the coincidences were pretty spooky.