Thread: Stress
View Single Post
Old 23-01-2021, 11:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
First I'd like to say this is an awesome post Starman because people all over the world are under their own each individual and unique stress levels right now for various reasons. I stress the most when I go out to a store (mask up of course). I feel that the tension all over my body increases along with my heart rate. Then after I'm back home, if I can, I need to take a nap.

I am a person that has had low blood pressure my whole life up until the last year. Private stressors along with the obsession I have with watching too much news has driven my blood pressure up. I take my blood pressure daily and when I feel myself getting dizzy, agitated and breathing fast that's when my blood pressure is at it's highest - too high. I even had to go on a low dose of blood pressure medicine, which I'm not happy about, but it helps.

For me I have to avoid too much news and practice breathing exercises to feel more relaxed. I don't meditate like I use to, but the mini naps are helpful.
When you go out you are probably more apprehensive and alert then when you are at home. There is a tense alertness and there is also a quiet peaceful alertness, one is more stressful than the other.

I think it is also wise to pay attention to how much we may view the news, and other media. Especially since we are stuck at home for long periods. I have found this is a great time to be more creative with my time. I want to stay informed but I don’t want to overdose on the news.