View Single Post
Old 20-06-2020, 04:38 PM
Master
I thought we were talking about our own species..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrah
And just because there were no vegan civilizations, doesn't negate the fact that health researchers today are showing that you can thrive on a plants only diet. For example, I haven't eaten meat in about 25 years and no dairy or eggs for the past 13 and my health at 65, is excellent.
That is N=1.

Quote:
The problem with a standard Western style, meat inclusive diet is that it leads to a state of chronic, low grade inflammation in your tissue.

You create a dichotomy between veganism on the one hand and a ''standard Western style'' on the other.
This ''standard Western style'' diet doesn't even exist, it's a fantasy of researchers that haven't a clue. What is ''West'' to begin with? They can't even define. If I go to Sweden I'll see different food in restaurants and take-aways than if I go to the US or to Japan, Chile, or Spain. There is no singular ''Western style diet''. It is fabrication and used to create a false narrative and offer veganism as a solution. Any researcher claiming to know what a ''standard Western diet'' is has an agenda.

Quote:
People who are suffering from heart disease, diabetes, arthritis, MS, skin issues, very often discover that as they exclude animal products from their diets, their symptoms decrease and frequently disappear entirely, making it possible to quit using the myriad prescriptions that their doctors have told them will be their new way of life.

I don't believe any of that. Some of those issues are related more to junkfood than to animal food. Some of the healthiest populations include fish, dairy and meat as part of the diet. No examples of vegan populations, only a few individuals and most go back to vegetarianism or meat eating.