View Single Post
Old 25-02-2024, 05:26 AM
Newbie ;)

Hi Newshoes,

I believe I do understand what you were trying to say here.
And this is my two cents.

Remember that scene from The Matrix (1999)?

[The Matrix Oracle Scene]
"I'd ask you to sit down...but you're not going to anyway. And don't worry about the vase."
"What vase?"
(Neo looked around, dropped the vase and broke it)
"That vase."
"I'm sorry."
"I said, don't worry about it. I'll get one of my kids to fix it.
"How did you know?"
"What's really going to bake your noodle later on is...would you still have broken it if I hadn't said anything?

I've been into I Ching (Book of changes) for 40 years, so, yes, I got a lot of meaningful coincidence experiences (synchronicity).

For example, if I got a sign/warning (from I Ching or some synchronicity) that something bad was going to happen. And it finally did happen. I wonder, what if I didn't know it, would it still happen? I mean, somehow knowing it in advance worried me more or less. That would partly cause it to happen, more or less? And if I didn't believe that warning at all, would it still happen?

So, is fate (pre) determined? Whether the oracle said anything or not, Neo will still break the vase anyway?

I believe, in the final analysis (and lots and lots of making my personal mistakes), there's no such thing as predetermined fate. Yes, it always had a crucial point that things might go from good to bad or worse to worst, and vice versa, and that was just because somehow I didn't deal with it carefully. Very carefully.

In the case of Neo, whether the oracle said anything or not, there was a crucial point that he would break the vase. (yes, it was always fascinated how the reliable spiritual warnings/meaning coincidence/synchronicity got this information in advance). Still, he might OR might not break it. It was completely up to him and him alone.
If he did believe in the warning and didn't make any move at that very crucial point, he might NOT break the vase, and the oracle would be completely wrong. Or even he didn't believe in the warning, but he didn't worsen that crucial point, he still would not break the vase. That's all.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't mean we have to believe in any warnings/omens/signs/meaningful coincidences/synchronicity until we cannot do anything by ourselves. And fake/unreliable warnings are worse than none. Anyway, if a weather reporter says, it's going to rain, just bring an umbrella with you. If there's no rain, it's still okay, isn't it? It's a lot better than you have no umbrella when it really rains, and you do need it, right?