View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 10:29 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
I'll offer my insights on bcp in general.

I used them for twelve years I think and I didn't realize until after I stopped (in order to get pregnant) just how disconnected I was from myself and the whole cyclic thing. I was on one particular brand (don't recall it) and my doctor switched me to one with a lower dose of hormone because of pms complications (raging pig beast from hell syndrome). After the switch my moods were just fine. But I was had that sense of being "disconnected", and yeah foggy headache and nausea if I didn't eat regularly.

I believe Yaz is the very lowest dosage you can get and I think it's estrogen only?

Yeah, I feel just like that - disconnected from myself. I also noticed how I can feel the soul connection with my twin/soulmate a lot less. It is just a bit better than when he was on heavy painkillers after a surgery. Very frustrating.

Nope. Mini pill is not available in Croatia where I live. We don't even have many of other kinds like patches and such. We only have 9 kinds of pills to choose from:
Cilest, Trinovum, Diane 35, Logest, Triquilar, Yasmin, Yaz, Qlaira, Novynette.

It might be a problem for me, to get low dose in general, because I heard that it works worse on people with any extra weight because hormones can store in the fat cells. I am not that fat, but I am very femininely curvy.

Yaz is estrogen and some specific progesterone, like stated in the previous post. Some studies say it is not more efficient than any other pill, and that it actually increases a risk of heart attack/trombosis/stroke by 6 times. Some studies reassure people that it is perfectly safe. And yet there are over 60 cases of women dying from it, and over 1,100 lawsuits. I don't know what to trust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
I've taken Yaz for 3 years and really I've had no issues with them, however, if you feel you are having issues, please please go to your doctor and discuss changing the brand.
They really don't make me feel any different, in fact it takes my monthly pains away where I would have to call off work it was so bad. I don't like not having my own cycle which is why I'm convincing my husband to get a vasectomy.
Take care
Spiritlite.

I read many posts on other places by girls who use contraception, and my thing is that I am aware that since Yaz and Yasmine are most widely used, they are going to get the most of flame, and I know that most girls on ANY pills have to tolerate a bit of side-effects because it is hormones and all, and especially me with all of my pre-existing health problems... I am just not sure how much I should tolerate before it becomes too dangerous. How much time I should give it to work without risking serious concequences.

Thanks for the answers!

Anima