View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 05:44 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

House of Idolatry

So, a spiritual source I believe was God itself took me through idolatry.

To appreciate the lesson, there are crucial facts to know.

In 2007 I set out on a journey that started by prayer and faith. The journey came to rest almost 2 years later in a town with a biblical name.

Bethel means: house of god, house where god lives, house of idolatry, a holy place.

Imagine how utterly blown my mind was when the name of the road I live on is the last name of some people I had been idol worshiping (without consciously knowing I had been idol worshiping).

Here's what happened: I was taken up into a vast empty space where nothing existed but the idol. It was revealed through knowing that he was not God. I knew all the things he could not do for me. He couldn't, because he isn't God.

An idol can be anything but most commonly occurs in the form of who it is we love and look to the most.

With that particular idol, he spoke to me personally (although indirectly) and so he became my idol. His messages were deeply and incredibly and powerfully personal and so you can see how idolatry formed.

It's funny you mentioned statues. That's been coming up in my world a lot lately, and just this morning I clicked a link of pictures showing a bunch of Catholics bowing to statues. That is certainly idol worship and something God forbids.