View Single Post
Old 13-05-2019, 02:17 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal canuck
I have had similar thoughts before to what you say, I just like playing devil's advocate. It's good exercise for the mind.

I like quartz too. It was my first love. Quartz is way cool because it's not extremely expensive like some stones ( tourmaline, opal etc... ) but it's very pretty and comes in many types and colors. Clear, white, red, pink ( rose quartz and pink quartz are actually different ), yellow, purple ( amethyst ), phantom green, black, and smokey. Oh and citrine is a type of quartz too. I have large specimens of them all except for white. To me white quartz is sort of like low quality clear quartz, never really was interested in that one, but of course everyone has a different opinion and different interests.

If you like quartz you might also like fluorite. Fluorite was one I got into right after my fascination with quartz. Fluorite can also be reasonably priced, and is extremely colorful. One of my favorite stones.

Lava rock ? Interesting. Is it formed like a crystal ? Would love to see a picture of it sometime.

Feldspar can be quite amazing. I have a labradorite which I love. Is the fiery feldspar have a play of color ? I would love to see this sometime as well.

Fluorite - Also one of my favorites. Especially the ones that glow in the blacklight, since that's the primary light source here in my husband's bedroom. I'd like to find a pair of fluorite, approximately the same size, to use for eyes in the skull atop my castor staff. The "Master Castor Blaster" as I like to call it.

Lava rock - Eh, I wouldn't call it a "crystal" in the usual sense of the world. But I'm pretty sure it has a crystalline structure, like on a molecular level. I'll post pictures when I can.

Feldspar - Haha no, no play of color. Not THAT kind of fiery. Just a nice matte swirl of white, pink, red, and orange. Kinda like the lava from which it came, but more girly and pastel. This type of rock is quite common around where I live.