View Single Post
Old 15-08-2020, 09:11 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
i think in lynn's original site closing message it said something about they didn't have the funds to try to make the site appealing to more people...

I'm very dubious that a facelift would change this place's appeal.

Quote:
and I know one of the things she was concerned about before we all started talking about how much we were going to miss this place was that she could come on here sometimes and noone would be around...

On 'my' website I similarly am the only one who's around and it can be disheartening. Often I wonder why I still bother to keep things 'neat and tidy' for members and visiting readers.

Quote:
i think she must have felt like her effort was wasted. So I figure if they could get a little more money than they need somehow it might be nice and they might be able to spruce things up a bit and make it more appealling to a broader range of people... so I'm absolutely sure if they got more than they say they need it would be put to good use

As I said earlier, I'm dubious that "sprucing things up a bit" would change anything significantly. Those who are interested in spiritual issues will come here for the conversations about spiritual issues. Those who come for other reasons will come for their own reasons. The SF website works very well, is presented clearly and easy to use.

A different appearance might make it prettier but would it make the place work better?