View Single Post
Old 15-08-2020, 09:01 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
As a secondary thought, I would ask fellow members to think serious about donating to Spiritual Forums. Our support keeps this place open.

Is this correct?

I followed all the announcements about this website's closure in October. To the best of my recall it had been suggested that Matt had communicated that the time was right for closing down the website he created.

Financing of the site wasn't mentioned until much later and even then it didn't appear that a lack of funds was the reason it was set to close.

Later annonafox joined us to say she was quite prepared to continue covering the costs associated with running this place but that donations were always welcome. In my humble opinion it's more appropriate for the one who pays the bills to encourage member to donate - if that's what's needed or desirable - rather than ordinary members who aren't involved with the running.

It's not our financial support - donations - that keep this place open but the apparent threat of closure has probably been helpful in prompting members to consider their future relationship with it.