View Single Post
Old 27-08-2022, 12:58 PM
Master
QUOTE 37 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
All any of us know... are the concepts we form with words and mental images, but those words and mental images are not the things themselves
Our existence, in this world and beyond, is based on experience, but what about existence beyond experience?
Thank you for your awesomely refreshing insightful post.

https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...4&postcount=37

1. As I too have said repeatedly, concepts are "NOT the things themselves".

2. Your Zen Buddhist point is also well taken and Yukteswar says something very similar, as I've quoted previously: "“Unlike the spacial, three-dimensional physical world cognized only by the five senses, the astral spheres are visible to the all-inclusive sixth sense—intuition”. That "sixth sense", as you noted in your Zen comment, is accessible here-and-now on the earth plane. Yukteswar calls it "intuition"; Pantanjali calls it "samadhi"; I call it "pure intuition". I think that we are all saying virtually the same thing about the process albeit in different words.

3. Lastly, what caught my attention most in your post was the following question that you raised: "what about existence beyond experience". Yukteswar points to that when he said: "Completing there the work of redeeming all causal karma or seeds of past desires, the confined soul thrusts out the last of the three corks of ignorance and, emerging from the final jar of the causal body, commingles with the Eternal". You are virtually the only one here who raises the question of "existence beyond experience" and an experiencer.

Please elaborate further on that point of yours --- "existence beyond experience" --- as I would love to hear what you have to say about this. I have meditated on this specific subject extensively and have had some intriguing relevant discussions with extraordinary beings.

NOTE: Too many people get stuck in concepts which, as you point out, is NOT the thing itself. In addition, they often don't have validating direct experiences so I view them as talking heads repeating second hand information. Too many people also seem unaware of the Zen process (Pantanjali Yoga Sutra process as well) whereby one becomes one with the object. Lastly, I suspect that there are very few people here, if any, who will even understand your final question. Great post!