View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 08:10 AM
Newbie ;)

Spiritualism question for those who are also religious - is it ant religion?

Hello everyone. I consider myself very spiritual and have always had an interest in booking readings with psychics and mediums, tarot cards, read up a lot on near death experiences and past life regression and am interested in spiritual forms of healing such as those who say they can connect with angels to facilitate healing.

I'm also religious and a catholic, and pray often to God. my views on religion have always been expanded though to the spiritual realm. i and my family have had psychic experiences.

my question is, what is the truth? I've been in searching for wha the truth is, what is considered right or wrong. i've always had a slight worry that most of those from Christianity say any kind of spiritualism is from the devil. i am in strong belief that yes definitely there are dark spirits who can corrupt spiritual healing modalities or give incorrect information to those with a gift, in order to take people down the wrong path. but how can we know?

i'm pondering this now especially because recently i reached out to an old friend randomly. and he as it turns out became a born again christian, and said that as my message to him came through it was when he was praying for god to send him people who are working with the occult, to show them the right way. so this made me a bit worried that could i be involved with things that are bad?

im sure some of the practices i mentioned above can be corrupted by the darker side, but does it apply to all of them?

i do know that in general in life i need to have stronger faith, rather than trying to control situations in my life by 'having to know' what the outcome is or what to do by asking psychics for the information. so maybe this latest communication from my friend is god's interception to help me be more faithful in life. although from what my friend was saying, it sounded like i needed to stop all interest and seeking out those practices. so i'm a bit confused right now

does anyone have any input?