View Single Post
Old 15-06-2021, 06:22 PM
asearcher

ThatMan, yes those dolls...my theory is because they remind us of dead people with staring eyes and worse they look like babies, not good...

it would be a horrible tragedy if that boy killed himself but on one hand kids often blame themselves because of lack of insight into the real troubles in their parent's relationship. I remember I would think if I just removed myself or if I was not born my parents would not have to fight like that (after the split up). It stayed with a thought of course but I still think divorces and kids involved are one of the most understated difficulties in our society, very often the parents need help to not just be trapped in their pain but built a new bridge, communication ways, and to see the child's position. it is trapped right in the middle and easy to pull in each arm. At the same timet here is nothing as loyal as a child's love for it's parents, no matter the quality of that parent. so one should not just watch out what the child says, but what it doesn't. Usually I think it is the teenage years that if the split happened in younger years that it all comes up to the surface and the real reactions the child had back then, can be very difficult, perhaps then it feels it has a voice of it's own and the brain maturing, catching up on the things in the past.

Good point from OneLight to always seek help if feeling depressed, suicidal, just a phone call away.