View Single Post
Old 09-04-2021, 01:20 PM
Pathfinder

Hi New Guy. It sounds to me like you are doing well. Experiencing light and then love sounds like a good thing to me. These are the goals of mediation, to experience and be one with our true nature which I believe is love and light. I can't understand when people say don't focus on the experiences you feel during meditation because to be love is to feel it. Perhaps don't 'chase' experiences because in chasing them our will and head gets in the way, but certainly embrace them when they occur. Its tricky isn't it when you experience something and then you think about it and the thinking drives the experience away. I have found with lots of practice that it can be done - the mind is awake and aware but not calculating or grabbing and held very gently so as not to interfere with the experiencing. Not sure about the headaches - are you forcing something in the meditation? Where do you focus when you meditate? You could try focusing in different places like the heart, the hara, the root chakra or the whole body as one.