View Single Post
Old 20-06-2020, 12:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Yes, that's all well and good but as a method of teaching and understanding it's as worthless as the diametrically opposite approach of Neo-Advaita. Both are absolute positions (nothing is real and everything is real) and are of no use whatsoever in helping a seeker to grasp what non-duality actually means. In other words it's not a gradual explanatory method, instead just a dogma. Believe this! Why? Because it's truth.

That's why there's a tradition developed over 3,000 years using the techniques of traditional Advaita that gradually brings a seeker to realization.

Both absolutist approaches are more likely than not to be appropriated by ego which is the exact opposite of what's desired.

On the other hand likened to the practice of neti neti there is the teachings associated with ‘not this’ in relation to what you are . So from what starting point does one embrace and realise the truth? While saying not this all day long to everything perceived .

Why not start out with the teaching practice of ‘all this’ is what I AM .

Why start off with a false premise at all .

Makes no sense to talk about or teach and preach that impermanence is unreal and what is permanent is real when there is only Self or what you are present in both instances .

All this separating and dividing is not a true reflection . For myself if I was a seeker and a novice I would rather know that everything is what you are rather than spend a lifetime saying I AM not this, this is not real, this is impermanent etc etc .

Each to their own in regards to their journey, but all I am doing is pointing what isn’t right about the premise .

You recognised eventually that the illusory world isn’t illusory if you perceive the world in a specific way, it’s no different here ..

I don’t understand why anyone would study the teachings of the world is illusory when it isn’t .

It’s a false belief to the one that is ignorant, these teachings however old and spiritual would be no different to any teachings that peeps follow religiously .

x daz x