View Single Post
Old 16-03-2021, 12:12 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitterRose
Yep. Emanations, sacred geometry, and intonation. It's why things like the LBRP work.

It seems clear that the stories were never meant as literal accounts, and many Jewish people have tried to explain that. It's just that they are never going to be heard by people who want to believe otherwise.

And many will always be afraid of Tarot and Kabbalah, as they see these things as occult and view the occult in a negative way.

Thanks for listing the books you have worked with. I have The Fool's Journey by Stephan Hoeller and I thought Lon Milo DuQuette's Chicken Qabalah was really fun, if not all that scholarly.

Yeah, I was probably one of those who was originally sort of stand offish of the occult. But once one grasps it simply means what is not seen all the time, that is hidden, with nothing sinister or evil involved I began to grasp the idea. Quite frankly, God is occult if you want to actually say it like it is. That is, God is hidden. Well yeah........ ok, is that wicked though? The universe out past our naked eyesight we never see without a telescope is occult, that is just not seeable, but that has nothing to do with being sinister.

So, I think all we can do is continue sharing the good and the interesting and allow folks to see that it has precious little if anything to do with evil as such... Thanks for your thoughts, very much appreciated.