View Single Post
Old 18-10-2021, 06:24 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio94
I'm not sure if it is well-known in Western countries but in Asia region, curses are actually real, especially in South East Asia.

As far as I understand, the concept of curse is technically imbue a soul into the charm, or even entire land (if the shaman is skillful enough).
Normally the process works like this: person A requests a charm from the shaman. The shaman uses his technique to imbue a soul (a human soul to be more specific) into charm. After that, person A gives that charm to person B. Person B (who uses the charm) will be affected by the soul imbued in it. The effect depends on what person A asked from a shaman (e.g. force person B to love person A, or drive person B crazy, etc...)

Nowadays it's hard to find these things in urban areas, but in rural/poor areas, people still do this secretly. So generally it's hard to know about this, unless you research deeply into this.

So yeah, basically curse does not come out of nowhere. It normally comes from a charm that you received. But this is not something you can encounter everyday since most people do not believe in it anyway. And if you do, there is high chance that someone wants to harm for his/her own gain.

Actually thinking about it, I remember a girl who was of Portuguese background but was born in France.
I remember her telling me that in some mountainous regions in Portuguese curses and black magic were carried out, such a shame I didn't ask her for more information.

I've also heard about black magic and curses being carried out in some regions of Italy.

I think curses, black magic, hexing etc do exist in Europe/western countries, but it's more hidden, as often you find that religion tends to play a less significant part in the lives of people.