View Single Post
Old 26-03-2023, 05:33 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
endless images of my past are coming up as I'm feeling so depressed and I have to constantly cry with endless memories running through my mind like a projection movie. ... I have been feeling so depressed lately. Extremely sad all the time constantly. And fearful too sometimes. Panic attacks.
Yes, depression can be like living in a dark cloud feeling continually anxious. It is a horrible state. I went through this back in my 20s as my own suppressed pain rose to the surface. It lasted three years, and then it eased as I went deeper and deeper within myself to the causes. I chose not to take any medication. Pills may have blocked the symptoms and made it easier to cope with daily life, but I felt that I had to allow whatever was within to rise to the surface.

Crying is good, as these tears have been locked in for so long. If you can, try to really open up to whatever you are feeling, no matter how painful. Our natural tendency is to resist the pain because we are afraid that we might be overwhelmed by these feelings. But if you can enter the pain then somehow it ceases to be pain and it becomes just an energetic state. And then the pain dissolves.

There is light at the end of the tunnel - we just have to hang on long enough to reach there.

Peace