View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 05:03 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
My dad died fairly recently. I was deeply attached to him, to the point where I'd say no one ever understood me like he did. It was a precious relationship.

First and foremost please accept my condolences. I never lost a parent yet hence I cannot imagine the amount of grief you are feeling right now.

Quote:
He died suddenly and my world turned upside down. I've been feeling like I've been thrown into an alternate universe because I have such a hard time accepting that it really happened in mine. I also feel like a protective layer around me has been scraped off.

I'm really sorry this happened to you and your family. The worst is when we don't get a chance to say goodbye to the ones we love. I will say prayer for you.

Quote:
The problem I have is related to my relationship with all things spiritual - that I've been interested in and connected to since I was a child.

After his death, I feel like my beliefs have been shaken up.

I can appreciate your sentiment. My hope is that shaken only means changing not a permanent lost of something you once held so dearly. This will come across as fruitless but I believe what happens next will be entirely up to you.

Quote:
Two reasons - one is that my mind can't comprehend that someone who was down here with us, is now somewhere else in some other state. It's too much to process I'd say. I've never lost someone so close.

Yes it is. Allow yourself the chance to feel this way. What you are going through is traumatic. You're going to need time to processes your pain. Only those who've also lost loved ones know your pain.

Quote:
The other is that I'm afraid I could get too deep in those beliefs, making myself deny the reality I'm currently facing.

These are very wise words my dear! We shall be very much in the world as we are above it. I think the loss you're experiencing is helping you see the importance of embracing your own life as a human being in the world.

Quote:
The things I've believed about the afterlife before now seem like a consolation, too good to be true.

Believe it! Yes believe every word that your heart speaks to your brain! It is your soul is sending you love from home. In fact I will say this much. What you believe that is too good to be true is no where near as good as it actually is. That I know to be true.

Quote:
I've always felt connected to some of the people from my family who have died before I was born or soon after, so it was natural for me that I interact with them in a certain way. Dad was always right here. But if he's now with them, it's just... too beautiful a thought to let myself keep the belief.

Please see the above comment.

Quote:
I've had dreams about him where I actually felt he was there, and if it was someone else I'd believe so, but now that it's him I'm afraid it's wishful thinking.

I've had little "signs" - things that would be really interesting even if they were coincidental.

But somehow I'm so full of fear that I don't even dare to believe what I've always believed.

Guys I'm not even sure what I'm looking for with this post, I just had to talk about it.

That's totally okay. In here there is no judgement only acceptance and love.

Your dad isn't gone. Know that when you dream of him it is really him. The meeting place between the spirit world and our world are our dreams.

He's reaching out to you to let you know that he's okay. But he feels your pain and so he needs to be near you to help you deal with the loss of his physical presence. It's going to take a while before you can fully understand why this happened.

I disagree about the idea of "moving on". To me to move on means to put aside and forget. But to carry on means to learn to cope with pain and remember the ones you lost. So you my dear grieve for as long as you need until the day comes you feel the need to carry on.