Thread: ch 71
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 12:51 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
So, you believe that ignorance is bliss ...

Different people use same words with different meanings. For me "natural response" doesn't mean something desirable. Also, for me, "mind" is the inner counterpart of the brain, so, I find it desirable for "mind" to interfere.

It's easy to misunderstand each other.

"A mind is a psychic pattern through which you interpret and form reality." - Seth, Session 763, Page 41

it isn't so much that ignorance is bliss... it is that there is another way to know things beyond the one people know about and agree to. (actually I'm given to understand there are several but this is a taoist discussion so there is a single specific context). But seemingly, going along the lines of what people know and agree to is like putting blinders on and not being able to see/learn about this other way of knowing. The sages take one kind of blinders off (the insistence that knowledge in the way people go about it is itself a good thing and desirable to have) and find themselves in a position to see something else entirely.

So it isn't so much a matter of throwing out life, as finding a new way of life. Although in some ways you have to do the one, to find the other.

As far as mind interfering... when your mind has been set against itself and there is constant fights between one idea and another, you eventually begin to get very tired and eventually decide you don't want your mind interfering. But if you are one of the lucky ones, who hasn't been saddled with that, you might not care either way, or you might like it since you don't have to deal with the intensity of always being 'on'.

So yes I agree we are all on very different pages...