View Single Post
Old 23-01-2021, 09:01 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Interesting. The Tarot Majors can be used to "ascend" or perhaps criss-cross the 22 paths to discover the Self or God within on the Tree (taking care not to fall down Da'ath!).

You mention Ezekiel. In the first chapter he describes the kerubic creatures - mystical indeed. Perhaps worth mentioning for others, (you'll know this already) they appear on card 21 XXI, the World.

The prophecies / prophets you mention are interesting indeed, laden with mystical symbolism.

Yes they do appear in card 21! Thank you for bringing that out as well. If memory serves me, they also appear in the Book of Revelation at the end of the New Testament, so they have been extended into the Christian Cabalah by the later mystics in the Middle Ages. They tie in the biblical mystics with their symbolism deliberately put into the Tarot, which I suggest are bringing as much of the ancient mystic ideas, insights, and themes into the cards as pictorially possible. I like to see the Tarot Cards as "The Great Summing Up." They are laden with biblical, alchemical, Rosicrucian, Qabalistic, and all sorts of symbols, many quite subtly. It is the joy of gazing on them and finding the connections.

On the ascension motif, I had Roberts "Tarot Revelations" in mind, the book he co-authored with the mythologist Joseph Campbell. Roberts key layout of the cards and his explanation is one of the coolest I have ever seen. Well worth the money to get if you don't have it. He brings in Hermeticism as well as Gnosticism. Truly tremendous effort on his part.

So much to share, so little time......sigh.....LOL!