View Single Post
Old 03-09-2020, 06:03 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
You know, this is why I'm on the fence regarding Covid.I agree with what
Heightend-Awareness writes, then somebody like janielee comes along who's had this frightful disease and all my beliefs are smashed. I think that its better to err on the side of caution until proof one way or the other has been found.

Hi hazarda guess,

I personally wouldn't worry too much about what is truth and fiction per se. It's an illness. It's real. Many people have had it, including Tom Hanks and yes me, my family.

Many people report differently with it, but it's also true that I know many people who have had it.

It attacks the lungs; I could fill fluid in my lungs, I coughed up blood, couldn't breathe. I wondered if I would die.

I know people who have had it, went into ICU and recovered. Others, particularly the elderly, overweight, those with respiratory illness, immune illness etc. all have significantly higher risk factors.

Some children (average age of 4) have life threatening complications.

Keep in mind that these types of illnesses are not new - in recent years, we have had mad cow disease, avian flu, SARS, etc. These exist today.

What makes Covid-19 more problematic is that it's a well engineered virus, so it's stickier, much more contagious.
Also the longer term implications, newly discovered - long standing complications - some debilitating - many of these affecting the younger crowds (20-40).

Add to this the lack of world wide co-ordination, the absolute gong show in some countries, and the fact that many people won't vaccinate anyway - well, I believe it may never go away.

As Starman said on some thread or other, it's going to be another way for some to die.

Wearing a mask, and washing your hands, is just a way of respect - respecting that there are very vulnerable people out there - your own loved ones, yourself perhaps, so as in all things, it's not that we are forced to do anything. It's just courtesy to try to contribute positively to society - not negatively.

Blessings to you and yours, dear one

JL