View Single Post
Old 28-02-2023, 10:56 PM
Newbie ;)

Oh yeah, I get that....I think there are people who just don't get it when it comes to any spiritual hints. lol I also have a family member who doesn't understand what an empath is or when I try and break it down so she can understand it by saying a "HSP."..but after my spiritual awakening I am no longer doing that...I say I'm an empath anyway and don't care if she "gets it" or not. She is a wonderful person and I love her otherwise but she's very wrapped up in religion and I believe it creates a barrier in opening her mind. I always have premonitions of when her next grandchild will be conceived but I have to keep that to myself so I just tell my husband. lol I also used to opt out of things but now I just let my husband know at the event I've had enough and we say our good-byes and we don't care what they think. lol

My biggest hurdle for a while was actually staying over at my in laws in an over night or (really anyone's house) type of situation so we got a van last year and my husband made it house ready, it has a wall in the kitchen separating our bedroom so if anyone comes in I'm totally hidden and a curtain over the doorway to the bedroom to the main house area, (well tiny house area) only 85 sq feet lol. My husband likes it so we don't have to stay in hotels (that was what we were doing before the van) anymore and put up with the dirty pet rooms or outrageous pet fees and also doesn't like staying at other peoples houses so he knows me being an empath this was the best solution. So, for day visits in peoples homes or big gatherings if it gets too much I just walk out to the van in the driveway.

As an empath I live a very quiet life in the country so when we travel and I'm picking up all this extra energy it's my home away from home and an excellent way to protect my energy.