View Single Post
Old 29-06-2021, 02:23 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
How about Pure Awareness. Nothingness, the Void.

Or Emptiness or no-self (i.e. small self, ego-self, Ahamkara).

For me one experience is that of deep do-nothing meditation and I suppose the best way to describe that is of being "no thing". It's those particularly fruitful sittings that seemingly end just as they begin, however the timer informs me a good chunk of time has passed. It's akin to deep dreamless sleep but the "knowing" is much more obvious as there's a clear delineation at both ends of the sitting. Everything we associate with mind drops out but "Something" is present and it's not a thing and it's not nothing.

Then there's fully awake reality. That presence is still there all the time but we're usually absorbed in mind, however it's still accessible and "knowable" on some level.

Then there's the experience I had where it was front-and-center and for several weeks. It was obviously and undeniably "knowable" and mind was like a candle to Its Sun. I can say "Earth, Mood, Sun and stars revolved inside me" or "I was everything and everything was Me".

The first experience isn't mind-blowing because mind isn't present. It's the last experience that staggers the mind. LOL! That same presence is right there in the middle experience too and it can be Realized because it is Self-revealing all the time by the very fact we are conscious and experiencing. By the way Advaita would describe the first experience as not an absence of experience but an experience of absence (of mind!).

All of those experiences are pointing at It.