View Single Post
Old 11-04-2022, 02:22 AM
Master
The question might be asked "When did Spiritualism begin?"

Probably, a long time ago. Spiritualism and Animism are sometimes used interchangeably. In the Far East, Animism is commonly practiced. In the West, the word seems to be hardly mentioned. I suspect if one can grasp Animism, one can easily grasp Spiritualism. It should be noted that numerous authors have made claims that Animism might be the oldest belief system and many claim remnants of animism can be found basically in all of the religions.

As for the history of Spiritualism, there also appears to be the issue of languages not preserving what happened here and over there, etc.

So, let's examine an account most of us have heard one way or another.

There once was a woman by the name of Hannah. No matter what she did, she could not get pregnant. She asked the Lord for help and promised if he would give her a son, he would serve the Lord for all his days and a razor would never touch his head. Shortly afterwards, she became pregnant and had a son named Samuel saying “Because I asked the Lord for him.” Later, she would say to her husband “After the boy is weaned, I will take him and present him before the Lord, and he will live there always.”

The boy continued to grow. The boy slept in a sacred place in which various religious artifacts resided. Then one night, "the Lord called Samuel". Not once, but three separate times. Samuel thought it was the Lord of that 'Temple' but in reality it was the Lord, God. At that time, Samuel could not recognize God's voice. That morning, the Lord, the head of the 'Temple', asked Samuel what God had told him. Samuel told him everything even though the message was not a pleasant message. The message..... came true shortly aferwards.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Last edited by BigJohn : 11-04-2022 at 10:05 PM.