View Single Post
Old 17-10-2021, 06:01 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
Without first knowing that there is an actual problem, and without knowing what caused it if there is, taking action to achieve one outcome or another might be a fruitless and frustrating waste of time and effort.
Well, it seems that there is a data size problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
This is a new rule as some quotes were taking up too much space. some were really long,
we were told to cut them down due to space.
In my experience of using hosting services, it's usually the database that is constraining. Raw space for static sites (archives for example) is usually not a problem.
The database could be used for "living" threads by the forum software, and that would save up like 95% of the space, as well as unload the server.

Quote:
Please think on that moderators/administrators do have lives outside of SF. Spending additional time dealing with 'problems' that may not be actual problems is unfair to expect. It's also not logical.
Sure, I'm just throwing ideas, I'm not saying who should do what and how. I don't know the IT knowledge of admins, nor the complexity with vBulletin, nor the time anyone could allocate to do any of that.
And most of all, I'm not blaming anyone! :)