View Single Post
Old 25-10-2020, 10:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
At times talking at cross purposes, it is not always easy to get others meanings …
but I think I get you here Gem (or not):

Or Animal Liberationist’s seeming compassion for Animals.

Once upon a time a leisurely walk by the riverside parklands & the Circus had come to town.
Animals were all calm, well shaded, watered and fed …. lazing about in their cages … when … you could feeeeel a negative wave coming ….

I felt alarmed - the animals got alarmed and totally stressed when the animal liberationists came violently shouting …… totally clueless about the anxiety and suffering they were creating ….
All that ‘compassion’ in concept only …. no matter how ‘right’ their ideals might have been, the effect was the opposite.

Yes, good example. There are also examples of animal lovers who take the pet dogs of homeless people from them. They think it is a compassionate act, but it isn't. It's misguided in the sense that they think they are compassionately motivated when they are motivated by reactivity, and because that nature of volition is the kamma that craates the conditions for unfavourable outcomes, it ends up creating further harm.

It's not like I don't care about black lives. It's just that I'm not involved in the ruckus. I think we don't have to 'do something' because we feel upset, because when we do that we end up hurting someone else.