Thread: attachments
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2015, 07:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by durgaa
Obviously, he's using 'attachments' in the occult sense..

Not as rare as you migt think - asylum's are full of the 'possessed', and (unless there's a physical cause) considering how much mental illness is in the world - not to mention psychopaths, well....
Yes, actual possession by entities is probably rare and you usually have to vibrate on the same level as theml. lf it's not possession, then it's 'suggestion' or some other influence. l agree, that imagining an attached 'entity' can actually create a thought-form of one, and l believe a lot can be taken over by thought-forms (which are everywhere), whether their own or not. But, a hell of a lot ppl have dead relatives, friends and earthbound spirits attached to them, who simply haven't moved on. lf it's not these then it's 'fragments' left behind by the dead who have moved on - fragments which still need feeding or are used by lower astral types who try to influence and possess ppl in this world - especially through channelling, mediumship and the like. Even Great Masters have mentioned these things. Yes, there's no point dwelling on these entities or whatever, but ignoring their existence is probably even more dangerous..
So, not as rare as some of us might believe..

But those fragments are not the attachments of the dead to the world, they are the attachments of the living to the dead. The dead want to leave, it is what they are meant to do, but often the living refuse to let them. It becomes a burden to all as no one is fulfilling their purpose in the equation; the living are not living and the dead are not dead. That is indeed very common as you say, but actual entities? In a lifetime (my father was teaching these things as far back as I can remember) I have encountered 4.