Thread: PERCEPTION
View Single Post
Old 23-08-2019, 02:43 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
PERCEPTION SEEMS TO PLAY A MAJOR ROLE IN OUR LIFE.

What is your perception of what I just wrote?

I just wonder what the "I" is in what you wrote. Seems like a riddle. Maybe it is some kind of pointing of the un-reality of what appears in our minds.

Obviously you have balanced longer, done more steps, but what do we mean by you or me, or us? We have a body, it is not us. So what is meant when we say "I" have done this or that? I have experienced what the body has done or does. But it is not me. But then if you were getting at this you would have written, I have never balanced, never taken a step, never done a push up.

So I'm not sure what you are trying to express in what you have written. Maybe pointing out the absurdity of looking for anything true or meaningful in words. Understanding and peace is beyond language.

We react to language, to mind, and this is related to perception. Maybe I can look at your words as I look at mine sometimes, as nothing at all. Actually not even this. Even to call them nothing at all is calling them something, is a perception. Maybe I don't even go this far. Maybe I realize there/here is nothing there/here to perceive. My attention sees symbols. letters on a page, and nothing more, chatter in my mind, I don't pay enough attention to it make it into something perceivable.