View Single Post
Old 04-09-2016, 04:13 PM
Master

Why not start reading the books the actual founder of Wicca wrote - Gerald B.
Gardner and then read the books by Doreen Valiente who was one of Gardner's High Priestesses.

Then read A Witches' Bible by Janet and Stewart Farrar - you will then understand all about the Wheel of the Year, how to cast a circle and just about everything else you'll need to know. The rites in this book are written for coven but you can easily tweak them for a solitary practitioner.

If you get a good grounding from these books then you can branch out into what interests you - you may become more interested in the Celtic Paganism branch or one of many other paths you can walk.

Scot Cunningham simplifies things down in his books but they'r not too bad. There's an interesting book by Orion Foxwood called The Flame in the Cauldron which also explains a lot for you and gives you some exercises you can do to become more aware of the earth's energies, meeting the deities and many other things,

Word of advice - don't get caught up in the Three Fold Law - it is not a universal law and Gardner's covens never acknowledged it. It has been taken out of context by the new age neo-wiccans and blown up out of all proportion.

Further down the road I'd recommend Paul Huson's book, the title of which I can't remember at this moment, but will post it when I remember, lol.