View Single Post
Old 24-08-2020, 06:27 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Hey Greenslade...

'What is the intention behind thinking karma can be removed?'' ~ A nice question. Why, if assuming 'karma' exists, even try to do it? It sounds meaningful when dealing with a long quarrel or a negative characteristic in one's personality but ''karma'' is not just the 'bad' things, it's also any sort of bond you have with a family member, a friend, a lover, a pet, a place. What the hardcore ''spiritual practitioners'' do ((the ones that usually write and come up with these kind of things, unbeknown to the masses that offer their loyalty to these masters)) is they seek to break the bonds, and want you to do it too. They call them ''attachments''. That is the end-game for the ''karma believers'' but how many know this? I do not believe that kind of attitude is healthy.

There was a time where I took much of it for granted too, but I've grown up and took the red pill. I view it like I view astrology, it 'works' and 'makes sense' because of how our mind works. We are desperate for 'meaning' itself to be objective and our mind will fill the gaps. It's a psychological process. I think that's okay as a belief system if it offers comfort.

So... is it unhealthy to remove attachments? What have you discovered about that? I’m clearing a lot of them in a spiritual group and also by myself