View Single Post
Old 24-08-2020, 03:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Fundamentally, the meaning of Karma is that all existence is the working of a universal Energy, a process and an action and a building of things by that action,—an unbuilding too, but as a step to farther building,—that all is a continuous chain in which every one link is bound indissolubly to the past infinity of numberless links, and the whole governed by fixed relations, by a fixed association of cause and effect, present action the result of past action as future action will be the result of present action, all cause a working of energy and all effect too a working of energy. The moral significance is that all our existence is a putting out of an energy which is in us and by which we are made and as is the nature of the energy which is put forth as cause, so shall be that of the energy which returns as effect, that this is the universal law and nothing in the world can, being of and in our world, escape from its governing incidence.
- Sri Aurobindo, Essays in Philosophy and Yoga, Karma, pg.332

Excellent readings on the subject of karma by the same author as listed by chapter headings below can be found in

Essays in Philosophy and Yoga - Volume 13 - at this link
(same as in my signature)

The Problem of Rebirth

Section I: Rebirth and Karma
Rebirth 259
The Reincarnating Soul 270
Rebirth, Evolution, Heredity 277
Rebirth and Soul Evolution 285
The Significance of Rebirth 295
The Ascending Unity 307
Involution and Evolution 317
Karma 330