Thread: Contemplation
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2016, 05:54 PM
Master
Contemplation

I have been contemplating why is death viewed with such angst? I went to a funeral of a friend and after the funeral a woman I knew came over to me and said “I notice you are not crying,” as though that was an indicator of how I felt about the deceased.

Funerals are for the living not the dead, and so is grieving and mourning a person’s death. To console ourselves there are those who will say about a loved one who has died that “they are now in a better place.” Yet in what I perceive as our own selfishness, many have a hard time letting go.

I have often wondered how those on the other side perceive the way human beings act regarding human death. If they wonder why do human beings cry when a human dies and enters our realm? Understanding that it is all about loss in this human existence, where everything is illusive and nothing is permanent.

That is why it is called an illusion; because it is in constant change, and that change includes the coming and going of beings. Life is one; life is what we are, and there is no such thing as this life or the next life. The life we have now gives birth to the life we have on the other side.

Just as life on the other side gave birth to this life. They are all part of the same process; when we die as human beings we go to a place that is very familiar to us, even if we have forgotten that familiarity. On some level, in some way, we have been there before, and it is our forgetfulness which may cause the angst.

Would human life lose its’ value if we remembered? Why consider the other side to be more precious, or human life to be more precious than the other side? There would be no human existence without the spiritual world and evidently human existence has some value to the spiritual world. There is a symbiotic relationship between the two, and actually the two are one.

When I first learned how to do quiet meditation I had a very profound and powerful experience, a feeling like no other which I previously had, and in my silent meditation one word escaped from my mouth, a word with no thoughts attached, and that word was “home.” It felt like home in ways like I have never experienced home before, and it was right within me all the while; even as I searched for it elsewhere.