View Single Post
Old 08-06-2021, 02:49 AM
zinnat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
@ zinnat ... I’ve not visited any of these deras myself but I do know someone who is an ardent, devout follower of the Beas setup you speak of. She was given the mantra as you said and asked to meditate at the third eye zone.

However, on interaction with her, I found that the teaching is skewed. She seemed ignorant of nuances of the energy path. Maybe some shaktipat is transferred by the Dera heads. I don’t know. I’m against shaktipat, unless the neophyte is first ready, having shifted his/her core in thought, word & deed on a moment to moment basis.

Enablements happen only when we are ready, that’s what I’ve seen. ‘Ready’ is when we rest lower mind and purify our heart.

One of my very close relative is also a devout follower of Beas but i not see any spiritual understanding or development in her too, except that she follows their moral code strictly but if you ask me, that is not a small achievement. It means that deras are contributing at least something positive to the society.

You rightly mentioned about the lacking of the knowledge of the nuances of spiritual journey. My observation is also the same. Perhaps that is because their head gurus do not focus much on spirituality. As far as shaktipat is concerned, i have my doubts about that. That is certainly possible for competent gurus but i am not sure whether is possible for any one guru doing that to the millions of followers.

with love,
sanjay