View Single Post
Old 29-11-2019, 09:34 AM
Seeker
I've been wondering about this for a long time: How can/does a person remember details of a previous life?

The answer, I believe (just my current opinion), is to be found somewhere in the nature of 'memory' itself.

If memories are only stored in the physical brain, then they are probably volatile, like computer RAM which loses its data when power is removed (as in physical death).

Therefore, there must be some form of memory which is part of the spirit or soul, which is carried forwards to the next incarnation.

The physical (local / volatile / short-term) memory is probably more detailed, because it has to store information for the current incarnation to be able to live, work, and experience the current physical life.

The deeper, long-term Soul Memory, is probably geared towards higher things such as the individuals identity, talents, interests and spiritual development.

Any specific information retained from a previous incarnation is probably because the events are emotionally imprinted on the spirit/soul and have actually become part of the pattern or identity of the spirit/soul/self.

Alternatively, as some have theorised, if memory isn't located in the brain at all, but is located somewhere in the higher realms, and the brain works like a radio receiver, then ANY brain with similar 'tuning' (likes / interests / character / personality) may be able to pick up these 'memories'.

Possibly, like with most things, the truth may be a combination of any or all (or none of) these things.