View Single Post
Old 16-12-2020, 12:35 AM
Master
Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
Latest research is that only about 10% of the worldwide human population has a metabolism that can handle a completely vegan diet.....all the rest of us need at least some animal proteins to be healthy and feel good....

I tried a vegan diet for about 6 months some years ago...mostly to see what the fuss was about....never felt worse in my life!!!! I felt Tired, hungry and run down all the time!!!

These days what looks a lot like the Mediterranean diet works best for me.

Lots of fruits and veggies....primary source of protean is fish with small amounts of meat 1 or twice per week.....

So if you're one of the few that can handle a long term vegan diet and you're happy with it,....good for you!!! But the rest of us need a bit more then that.....

There is a reason why so many people feel like death on a vegan diet. And oddly enough it has nothing to do with nutrients.

When one consumes meat and animal products, one is absorbing the suffering of the animal, which in turn numbs one's own traumas/hurts/suffering. Unfortunately, if done for an extremely long time, when the time DOES come for a soul to embrace a vegan diet, the fallout is often horrible.

When there is nothing to numb one's own internal issues, people start feeling like death and get sick. There is nothing one is consuming on a vegan diet that is able to numb one's own suffering. You're forced to come face to face with your own emotional/mental/spiritual/physical demons and the trauma is often so deep that it causes a lot of physical issues.

Technically, one could subsist of unfrosted strawberry pop tarts, coffee, and still live relatively all right if their mental/emotional/spiritual/physical self is decent. It is negative thought and holding on to trauma/suffering that is the root of physical illness.

I can affirm I felt a lot less on a diet when I had meat and animal products. But I knew that the physical comfort I felt was really an illusion meant to fall away at some point.

Just some thoughts. Not saying you should or should not be vegan, but just sharing another view.