View Single Post
Old 15-12-2020, 10:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
One of the things is - you must learn about how to get enough balanced protein...learn how many grams you need.
My friends -unhealthy- have been vegetarians for decades ---so I went over there often cuz
one was so rundown in bed, not contagious.
I saw how they ate!
Beans or tofu with NO grains to make a complete protein...
Grains and veggies with no beans!
They are better now cuz after nagging that they do protein powder every day.

Same with another friend 40 yrs vegetarian --always rundown, complaining ...
in a week she told me she felt the difference....with protein powder drinks.
Took forever to convince them.

They hadn't researched nutritional needs once! In decades!

Latest research is that only about 10% of the worldwide human population has a metabolism that can handle a completely vegan diet.....all the rest of us need at least some animal proteins to be healthy and feel good....

I tried a vegan diet for about 6 months some years ago...mostly to see what the fuss was about....never felt worse in my life!!!! I felt Tired, hungry and run down all the time!!!

These days what looks a lot like the Mediterranean diet works best for me.

Lots of fruits and veggies....primary source of protean is fish with small amounts of meat 1 or twice per week.....

So if you're one of the few that can handle a long term vegan diet and you're happy with it,....good for you!!! But the rest of us need a bit more then that.....

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!