View Single Post
Old 23-08-2022, 09:33 AM
Master
I remember I was wondering -and worrying- about the exact same thing years ago.
I could totally enjoy listening to for instance Rage Against the Machine "Killing in the Name Of"... The volume went up high, and I do mean high, hihi, when I listened to that.
And also with other songs, but that one in particular concerned me a bit because of the title. But then I thought, "Would it matter? I am enjoying the music, it makes me happy. How can it then be wrong?!"

The song means that much to me -still does- as it was the first one my son & his band did on stage way back when. Seeing my boy doing his first ever real performance, wow... Still gives me goose bumps!
That is why it means so much to me.

As for the rest, being pure, no you don't have to be pure to walk the spiritual path. No one is pure when they start walking it. You get more and more cleansed the further along you get as you purge, let go, and so on.
But don't focus too much on ascension. Sounds like you think in the end you will ascend, as in rise up to the heavens.
That is not what the process is about.
Ascension that is meant is getting to a high vibration while in a physical body on Earth. Creating Heaven on Earth.
So it's not about becoming energy only and rising up to the heavens. The goal of mankind is to have a high vibration AND live in a physical body.

As for the music... I hardly ever listen to music anymore as that means being exposed to the news 2x per every hour which adds up per day.
I don't want all that negativity in my system so at first I switched off radio during news, then back on. In the end I just forgot. Couldn't be bothered with it anymore.

We are human being, so don't expect nor demand perfection from yourself.
You could ponder why the rap music. Does it truly bring you joy & happiness -which would be okay- or is it something else it resonates with? Maybe anger or pain or... or... Any feeling or memory that isn't positive... If that's the case you may want to give it some thought.
Otherwise, don't worry about it.