View Single Post
Old 22-03-2014, 02:29 AM
Smilealittlebrighter

I don't watch anime so much anymore, I like reading manga more. However since I'm part Japanese - how could I not watch anime, aha?! Here are some of my favorite anime!~

1. Revolutionary Girl Utena

This anime is amazing and will always be amazing. I'm surprised that it's such an unknown anime! The main character Utena aspires to grow up and become a "Prince". Essentially the anime is about the fact that everyone has the power to revolutionize the world; yet is held back by something. Very inspiring, yet depressing anime. It lives as my absolute favorite - besides Sailormoon ( my first anime!~ ).

2. Hakuouki

Ahh, I cried every episode. Wonderful series though it was screaming for more romance! I'm afraid to rewatch the series since it becomes so sad. ;; Still a great show though.

3. Escaflowne

Oh my gosh, I stayed up for nearly three days watching the whole series. I couldn't get enough of it! The art style isn't great but it's a fantastic series. I fell head over heels in love with it!

4. Fushigi No Yugi

How could I not love this classic? Yuu Watase is incredibly talented at manga, ahh. This series was just...wow. It was so sad (...most of my taste in anime is sad ;; ) yet so captivating. I wanted more and more of this series.

5. Fruits Basket

No anime fan, no matter the age, can go without watching this series! That's like saying you like anime but you've never watched Sailormoon or Pokemon! I loved this series; though I hated Akito, so much. They really did a fabulous job of making the Chinese zodiac animals come to life.

6. Pretear

I wish this series was more popular - just like Revolutionary Girl Utena! Though it became a bit Cinderella with a cougar twist, it was still lovely. This was one of the first romantic series that I watched. Adore!

7. NANA

Okay...okay...how could I go with not listing NANA? It just twists your feelings up tightly then tears them to pieces. ;; It's a fantastic series of the friendship between two girls called Nana. Love it, love it, love it. I have plushies of all the characters!

......I think I'm going to watch some anime now. I haven't watched anime in like...........a year.