View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 06:30 AM
Master
I am 72-years old with underlying health conditions and while I am not afraid of dying I am taking precautions. But its only a heavy thing because that is the way some feel about it. Death is not a “heavy” thing. I have seen hundreds of people die; as a former U.S. Army medic in Vietnam, later and ambulance EMT, and still later working in hospitals, hospices, etc.

People who are infected can infect other people that is why there are quarantines, etc. that is why it is best to stay away. It is very important not to allow this virus to spread. The coronavirus has been around for a very long time but this is a new strain which currently has no cure. The human race has endured many viruses and we have found a way to contain Ebola, SARS, etc., and I believe the human race will find a way to contain this outbreak as well.

I would not watch the news too much; yes, we need to be informed, but you can overdose on the 24-hour news cycle and it can leave you depressed. I usually read the news online because TV and radio just constantly repeat dread over and over again. Although I do think it is prudent to prepare for a worsen situation here in the U.S. as the CDC advises. Because more people are definitely infected here in the U.S. right now then we are aware of. I would rather error on the side of caution then not be cautious and become infected. It’s hard to stay away from relatives, friends, and loved ones, but it would be even harder to say goodbye to them forever because I broke their quarantine.

I am now regularly taking Echinacea to try and boost my immune system; it should not be taken for more than 8 consecutive weeks. I am also washing my hands with isopropyl alcohol, and I am isolating at home with only telephone, e-mail, and texting social contacts. Most people who say that this Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is not that bad have not lost a loved one to it. Death is okay but losing loved ones can take its toll. Israel and India has quarantined their entire country and are not allowing any foreigners, from any country, to enter their country. I definitely want this to be over but seemingly it will go on into the Spring, maybe even into Summer and beyond. Hang-in there people and be safe. Now is the time to be creative in your day-to-day living.