View Single Post
Old 24-11-2019, 12:32 AM
Master

Can't disagree with the above. My choice of profession doesn't help either (I have plans to change this when I move), as I feel like I "can't" be too vulnerable around strangers too.

BIG feels about your question as I will be asking something very similar

Reading for 55Degrees

My daughter has recently moved back home with me and it feels odd sharing my home again. What compromises can we come to in regards to sharing space.

* RWS

You: Queen of Cups rev
Her: 7 of Pent rev + 9 of Pent
Star, 2 of Cups, Queen of Swords
Challenge: 6 of Wands rev + 6 of Swords
Opportunities: Justice
Likely outcome: Ace of Pent rev + Fool rev

This is going to sound nuts but I'm almost getting the impression here that your daughter is going to be a very "hands off" housemate - almost as if she's not very social (with you), may not be inclined to engage much, sees it as a very short-term deal, etc. You may be panicking about the "OMG! SOMEONE IS IN MY SACRED SPACE ALERT ALERT", but she sees things very differently - she has zero intention of influencing your space and without necessarily referring to your relationship with her, it's almost as if she doesn't want to be there so I'd kind of be expecting her to keep in her space a lot and not really interfere with your vibe (I chose not to delve further into why she's moving back in with you).

Star and 2 of Cups suggests to me that the two of you might actually have a very positive affect on each other - focusing on healing (eg bonding sessions or activities the two of you enjoy). Something about this move-in feels very transparent (Queen of Swords + Justice) OR this is the cards suggesting that an open conversation pretty early about length/style of move-in may be helpful, eg something like discussing how frequently the two of you may dine together (or not), hang out (or not) etc.

Overall not really picking up any points of conflict other than your initial shock at having your territory invaded (even if by an "ally") and a sense of emotional distance between the two of you, so this should be easy to work around - and you may even find you enjoy parts of having her back with you :)

Next reading for tealily
SHOE ON THE OTHER FOOT

***I*** am planning on moving back home next year, and will be staying with my mother until I get my career/finances re-settled - I will be attempting to transition out of my current industry next year so this makes that jump a little less risky, and hopefully will also let me save some money.
Though there is a lot of love (shown in different ways), we are very different people so historically, there's been a lot of friction. Financially it makes sense, and socially having fur-company (her two dogs) and being in the same city as a lot of my friends and my beloved sibling will mean a lot to me.

Unlike 55Degrees I don't expect a lot of compromising - my mother can be a bit "my way or the highway" (and it is literally her house)!

Q: What do I need to know about the level of friction I'll experience when I move back in with my mother next year?