View Single Post
Old 17-10-2015, 09:37 PM
Pathfinder
Book1 Studying the Tarot Card by Card

This is how I set up my altar cloth for Tarot study. The chakra stones moving up from me to the card I'm studying. And for each card, I touch each chakra stone and say the coordinating phrases: "I am. I feel. I do. I love. I speak. I see. I understand." Then I place my hands over the card to absorb its energy as I speak the name of the card aloud as well. Following that, I write a full page explanation of the card, possible meanings and representations. (I use a separate notebook for this and not my Tarot Journal as I reserve that for spreads and readings.) I also refer to the book which accompanied my cards when I bought them- "Easy Tarot Handbook" by Josephine Ellershaw. It's a GREAT book for beginners. She takes you card by card in a way that's super simple. However, you DO need the dedication to follow through... it's quite time-consuming. I've been working on this deck over a month and I'm only now on the Major Arcana.
This process has helped me to learn my cards inside and out. I recommend it highly.
The deck I am using here is The Gilded Tarot. It's gorgeous. I definitely recommend it as well.

Show me YOUR tarot study setups! Or maybe just your favourite spread or... your crystal grid! SHARE SHARE!!!