View Single Post
Old 21-03-2011, 03:17 PM
Master
I would say that it is ironically often the indigos that reject the labelling! Indigos see through the ****. of 'status'. They see that it doesnt matter who the hell we are, we still all come from and return to the same source. Indigos tend to see that at the deepest level there is no separation and are therefore often wary of labels, which by their nature, create a division between people.

I dont see anything wrong with the label in itself as long as it isnt identified with, and if it helps people make peace with their past, then fine. Its when we identify deeply with labels that we get ourselves into difficulties, just as some people overly identify with being a man, some overly identify with a particular nationality, some overly identify with their job title, some overly identify with an illness, some overly identify with being depressed, some overly identify with being enlightened, some overly identify with being a lightworker.....the list is endless.

I think the 'indigo' label (and crystal and rainbow etc) does explain in a sometimes useful way why some people just do not fit the mould that they are sometimes expected to fit. If I went to a doctors and talked to him/her about my life I can quite easily imagine being diagnosed as autistic and given medication which I just dont feel the need for because even though I struggle to function in the way that many people function, I really am quite happy and at peace with my life. Over the years, these kind of spiritual labels have helped me to see that its okay that I dont function in a 'normal' way and that there are others out there in a similar situation to me. They have helped me to make peace with who I am, whatever that is.