View Single Post
Old 07-09-2023, 04:43 PM
Master
As I have shared here in the forum many times before, I have seen dozens if not hundreds of people die, held some in my arms as they took their final breath. As a U.S. Army combat medic during war in Vietnam I found a dead baby lying on the road and carried it in my arms to a suitable place to bury.

Lots of people die in fear or great pain and some people die with a smile on their face and no pain. As I see it, the thing is staying awake when you leave this dream which we call human life. Practice staying awake every night as your body sleeps may help to detach from the dream of human life.

Leaving your physical body behind will definitely be a different experience, a different sensation, then having lived in a physical body for whatever years you may have. The sensation is very light and easy. The only thing that may freak out is our ego. But when your physical body can no longer sustain you it does not matter whether we freak out or not; we are going to go anyway.

Our deeper being knows the way to its true home, and I have found establishing a relationship, a connection, with what many call their soul, can bring a lot of comfort and confidence in the transition which we call death. Keeping our attention in the moment and not on what may happen next can also be helpful during this transition.

In my opinion we have got to be ready to die every moment of our human existence, because it can happen at any time. But also be grateful for the moments of human life which we have had.

Peace and Good Journey