View Single Post
Old 07-05-2016, 07:25 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleManifestor
There are so many flaws in the guess work done by physicists and the conclusions they draw, it really annoys me that the majority of what they say amounts to "It could be this".

For example, the way they search for planets in the universe, using how the star light fluctuates (as a planet passes). This only would work if all planets' orbits were in line with our viewpoint, which is unlikely. Also each observed star would have to be viewed for a period of time equal to that of one complete orbit of the planet, which may be hundreds of years depending on the size of the star and the resulting 'Goldilocks zone'.

Also if you look at our history we can see that the communication technology that is blasted into space has only been happening for a very short space of time, yet the advancements during that period is incredible, so theoretically in 100 years we could well be communicating in a totally different way, which would be undetectable to our current equipment.
This would mean that the radio waves are only transmitted for a few hundred years before the signal is replaced with the new communication tech. So, if a planet has been transmitting for more than 300 years (plus the time taken for the signal to reach us) then it will be undetected by our current technology.
So, what we are actually currently looking to detect is communication from a very small band of time within the period of the species' existence.

Just my thoughts on the matter. Apologies for ramblings.

No problem! "Ramblings" are welcome! I like to hear people's thoughts on extraterrestrials.