View Single Post
Old 13-02-2020, 04:45 PM
Master
Hello BigJ,
I might also use it in discussion of different ways of conceiving of the divine.
I don't use the term G-d but I may use the term God for example, when discussing traditional religion or traditional religious concepts "in situ" or in their historic or common context.

But I will definitely say that the "traditional" form of God as presented to us down through the ages by crusty cultures and crusty perspectives is horribly off-putting, heavy-handed, and patriarchal.
IMO we do any notion of the divine a severe disservice by any reference to "God" as some sort of uber-human or uber-father. That nearly kills it for me right there.

I would rather see the possibility for humanity to better love and care for one another...and to appreciate it when it happens, without making God over in our image.
I'd much rather allow for a Creator or One that is not limited in any way by our human shortfall, sin ("missing the mark"), and iniquity.
A concept of Divinity which, regardless if connecting personally with us, does not have to be human or be limited in any way by our mere humanity simply to connect with us in spirit and at centre.

"God the Father" or "God as man" (as in some other traditions) are terribly oppressive, brutally cruel, and fatally flawed concepts of God, and IMO should be binned ASAP.
It's long since past time to free God from our conceptual prison and shackles

Now God as Love, God as One and All and What Is, God as Self/self/selves in relationship, and many other permutations...well alrighty then

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke

Last edited by 7luminaries : 13-02-2020 at 06:15 PM.